This part-time position has the potential to become full-time. The Account Administrator is responsible for accurate computer entry including invoicing, data input and maintenance of client records.
Specific duties include:
Accurate computer work including invoicing, data input and maintenance of records. Processing of the following, including but not limited to:
- Direct bill – New Business, Renewals and Endorsements
- Agency Bills – New Business, Renewals and Endorsements
- Review renewal list for outstanding policies and complete follow up with the Account Manager and/or Insurance Company.
- Client’s Reminder and NSF payment notices, including recording in the software system and contacting client for payment.
- Support for our commercial sales staff, including confirmations, invoicing, form letters, commercial submissions, quotations and presentations.
- Recording Registered Notices of Cancellation in the software system.
- Back up for the receptionist (Lunch hour and vacation days)
- Taking and processing payments (cash, credit card)
- Distribution of incoming emails and faxes
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Ability to use MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel 2007 and 2010 at an intermediate level.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to easily use Internet Explorer
- Ability to learn new software programs such as TAM and Insurance Company portals
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
This position could become a full time position depending on the successful candidate’s progress.
All applications for employment will be in confidence.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter in .pdf format.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Sarah L. MacKinnon
Archway Insurance – SNC
181 Herring Cove Road
Halifax, NS B3P 1K9